Thursday 16 June 2011

Wind of the Spirit

I seem to be stuck at Eastertide this year.,, So many thot's about resurrection power and the veil being rent to allow new dimensions of love and life!

While walking by the lake and enjoying the breeze gently, then not so gently, blowing the green bows of early summer, I got to thinking of the mighty Wind of His Spirit given to us in fullness at Pentecost.

I and my sister here on the Island, do not much like the wind - she has to put up with it as lake winds rush mightily across her yard; I hide in my bush where winds are gentled and  caught by the mighty pine and whispering aspen,- so do not blow quite as hard on me. For both of us, days are made by how the wind blows in many ways... and today, wind blows with not so much pollen, as tender aspen and maple flutter and sing.

As I write this, I am also reminded of the differences of the winds of nature, the world and the winds of the Spirit. CS Lewis put it so well.. The road to living by the wind of the Spirit is in this statement:
The real problem of the Christian life comes where people do not usually look for it. It comes the very moment you wake up each morning.
All your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals.
And the first job each morning consists simply in shoving them all back, in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view…Letting that other larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in. And so on, all day.
Standing back from all your natural fussings and frettings
Coming in out of the wind.” ~C.S. Lewis
Acts 2:2 ESV
And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.

I do not like the wind My Lord,
But I have learned to love it!
You have shown me..
Dancing with joy and laughter,
Pulling tricks- a gammon of delight,
Joying in it's Master.
Leading the way
To calming peace and rapture!
Breath o breathe,
My Love,
The Wind of Your Spirit,
On troubled soul herafter,
As I yield to your Wind 
Calling to me... 
                        and to you...
To join life's dance with the 
Master!
June 2, 2011 Gloria Taliotis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina wrote "lovely work mom... i really liked the last one i got as well...wind- world wondering whispering-. lol lots of w's love them- you do really well with the photography aspect as well- keep it up :)" Christina

Anonymous said...

This touches my spirit, Gloria. I'll think twice now before before
Ursula Thompson

gwen said...

Lovely Gloria. We've been experiencing so much wind, maybe it's there for a prompting of our spirits. Thanks for the C. S. Lewis reminder too. I needed that.

ManitoulinMaid said...

Thanks Gwen. Just can't get enough of CS Lewis. Something new touches my spirit many times over.