Sunday 12 June 2011

Whisperings of Love


This musing came to me as I was on silent retreat, looking out at the pine cones dancing in the breeze, out my cottage/hermitage-window, and meditating on  how truly deep God's love is for me. When my eyes are open to this, I am in awe and reach out in joy as Mary Magdelene did when she realized that Christ was right there before her- and alive..as she whispered:"Rabboni"
-Sometimes, the whisper is the deepest expression of a deep emotion true and pure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now as Pentecost arrives wait in awe again as more of His love and life enfolds before us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bright pointy Pine cones..
New seedlings,
                   Joying in life.
Dancing on wind,
Waving in sunshine,
Weaving on  breeze.
Fruit of the Branch!
Child of the Tree.
Nourished with well-springs
Of surging, life-giving sap.
Deeply rooted by waters of Life.
What are you here for?
This moment in time...
But to grow, burst with life- abundant and true,
Strengthened with winds of time and tumult,
Then fall and crumble- sink into earth,
Fecund earth,soft receptive soil.
               Enfolded in
                                             Dark Night of Earth.
Agony, waiting, longing...
.... A glimmer, a wonder..
     Hope...
A bursting forth.
Small seedling,
  to
Majestic Pine.
Whispering..
                   Life- to my soul.
Whose design is this?
Whisper it to the world.
        Whisper!
               ~~~
Gloria Taliotis June 1 2011
Hosea14:8. O Ephraim, what more do I have to do with idols?
I will anwer him and will care for him. I AM LIKE A GREAT PINE TREE, your FRUITFULNESS comes from me.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have answered [him] and will regard and watch over him; I am like a green fir or cypress tree; with Me is the fruit found [which is to nourish you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Gleenings on the Pine Cone.
Ancient spirituality makes connections with the pine cone, one of the most ancient fruits on the planet. Throughout.the ages the pine cone has been a symbol of human enlightenment. There is a story that the Pine Cone was actually the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil that was eaten by Eve. 
  
Some ancient cultures consider the pinecone symbolic of spiritual ascension and immortality. The Bible mentions pinecones on several occasions. One of these is the story in Genesis 32 of Jacob wrestling all night with God. Jacob, now Israel, calls the name of the place Peniel, for " I have seen God face to face, and my life was preserved. And as he passed over Peniel, the Sun rose upon him." The literal translation of the word peniel here is "face of God".
 
The pineal gland, at the  centre of the human brain is shaped like, and is named after the Pinecone.It is linked to the body's perceiption of light. It modultaes our sleep patterns  It is islolated from the blood /brain barriersystem and receives more blood flow than any other area in the body except the kidneys.
It is extremely affected by light, and takes action according to what it senses. Similarly, pine cones will open themselves up to the sun’s rays, and close up during cloudy or stormy days. Sunny days offer conditions for the tiny seedlings nestled in the scales of the pinecone to become airborne more easily.  Damp or rainy days have  poor seed spreading conditions so the pinecone just closes during these weather conditions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I watch the pine cones floating on a breeze , I sense a whispering of God's light and love nourishing my inmost being... and I catch glimpses of the face of God.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

super-wow!
Elena